Did you know that your mindset controls your destiny, and you can enhance your personal and professional life by utilizing its power? In my book, The Power of Emotion, I write about emotional intelligence and how a positive attitude determines our potential.
Impactful Tips to Improve Your Mindset in 2023
Use Your Mindset to Control Your Destiny
Believe it or not, your mindset is your state of mind that affects most of your life accomplishments. You get to choose how to start your day, which can significantly affect how successful your day evolves. You will find it difficult to meet your potential if you have a fixed mindset and may find yourself settling or choosing the path of least resistance, which can limit your development. Once people realize their power potential, they want to stretch and develop a growth mindset.
Did You Know Emotional Intelligence and Growth Mindset Are Connected?You can expand your mindset just like your emotional intelligence. Our self-awareness, a core emotional intelligence competency, helps us become more emotionally aware, which supports us in controlling our attitude. We know that the higher an individual's emotional intelligence level, the more likely they are to adopt a growth mindset.
Create Space to Explore Your Mindset
Make it a priority in your schedule to self-reflect on your mindset. Ask yourself the following questions to plan to thrive this year:
- Is your attitude paving the way to a positive life?
- Are you optimizing your power base?
- What can you do to improve your mindset to work towards meeting your potential?
Ways to Develop a Growth Mindset
- Strengthen your Emotional Intelligence by becoming acutely self-aware.
- Assess what you do well and what you need to improve by trying these suggestions:
- Take criticism and learn from it by treating feedback as a gift.
- Use the phrase "the areas I need to develop are" instead of "my weaknesses are."
- Train your brain to look at situations positively by trying these suggestions:
- Work toward excellence, not perfection.
- Become a lifelong learner.
- Believe your potential is unlimited.
- Embrace the process more than the outcome.